I am a freelance outdoor activity instructor based in Manchester. I run public adventure activities throughout the year; there are details at www.wilderness-development.com. I am also very happy to take bookings on a freelance basis.
- NICAS indoor climbing award scheme inducted (Levels 1-5)
- Summer ML
- DOE Gold expedition assessor licence
- Amateur Swimming Association swimming teacher (Level 1)
- Full UK car driving license since July ’04
- MiDAS for accessible minibuses (4.25T, 6.5m)
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Dragon boats, bell boats etc.
- Ghyll scrambling
- High roped activities (Zip wire, Jacob’s Ladder, Leap of Faith etc)
- Improvised Raft Building
- Initiative exercises and group challenges (crates and planks type stuff)
- Low ropes courses
- Mountain Biking
- Personal Development Tasks, facilitation and reviewing
- Good Conversational French and German Spoken
- 2010- Class 2.1 BA in Business Management at The University of Sheffield
- 2004- 3 of A Levels in Maths, Physics and Systems & Control Technology
- Easter 2003 and 2004 – Climbing in El-Chorro, Spain.
- Easter 2004 – Self-led gold DoE level expedition.
- Summer 2004 – Cragging and winter walking in Chamonix Mont Blanc.
- January 2005 – A month climbing and traveling in rural Morocco.
- Winter 2006-7 – A season in Tignes, France, skiing and snow-boarding.
- Summer 2007 – Backpacking around India.
- September 2007 – Mount Kilimanjaro via Mandara, Horombo, Kibo huts.
- Winter 2007-8 – Skiing in Les Arcs and La Plagne
- Summer 2008 – Month backpacking in Mexico.
- Winter 2008 – Three more weeks alpine skiing in Alpes D'Huez and Schladming
- Summer 2009 – Overseas training expedition to Morocco for Discover Ltd.
- Easter 2010 – Week in Morocco
I have worked with various outdoor/adventure education centers since first qualifying to teach kayaking in summer 2004. Since then I have worked with thousands of children and adults instructing in a wide variety of roles and locations . In addition to school and introduction sessions I have run hard skills courses, week-long personal development courses, worked with disabled, disadvantaged and challenging behavior groups. I have worked with corporate groups both in team-building and "having fun” roles. I have run private lessons and worked with other instructors to take them through their personal proficiency awards in preparation for beginning training as a coach. Whilst working as a ski rep I organized evening activities and liased with suppliers to ensure a hassle-free trip for clients. I feel this gives me a strong background and good deal of experience both teaching outdoor related activities and working in an organizational role with groups.
- July – August 2004: Activity Instructor at Club Corezze Activity centre in France.
- September – November 2004: Activity Instructor at Delphi Adventure Centre, Ireland
- March – October 2005: Activity Instructor at Newlands Adventure Centre, Keswick
- May 2006 – October 2006: Activity Instructor at Hillingdon Outdoor Activity Centre, London
- November 2006 – April 2007: Resort Rep in Tignes, France for Crystal Finest.
Recent Freelance Employers
- World Challenge
- Class Adventure
- Hillingdon Outdoor Activities Centre
- ISIS Canoe Club Oxford
- Patterdale Hall
- Burrs activity center
- The Edge climbing center
- The Foundry Climbing center
- PGL (Ski)
- Girl guiding Sheffield
- Outdoor UK Ltd
- St Edwards School, Oxford.
- Discover Ltd
- Outlook Expeditions
- Yarm School
- British Army
References can be provided on request
+44 7941 645 520